In Pennsylvania, the sale and possession of marijuana is illegal and could result in some harsh criminal charges for the offender. Marijuana is one of the most frequently abused drugs in PA and marijuana charges can often result in the following:
- Possession/Distribution of Marijuana (30 g or less)- Up to 30 days in jail and a fine of up to $500
- Possession of Marijuana (more than 30 g)- Up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000
- Possession or Sale of Paraphernalia- Up to one year in jail and a fine up to $2,500
- Sale, Delivery, or Distribution (1,000 lbs or less)- One to three years in prison with additional fines of up to $15,000
Any marijuana charges that involve a minor, a school, or are a subsequent offense are likely to carry more intense penalties. If you’ve been charged with a marijuana crime in Chester County or the surrounding area, be sure to contact a marijuana crime defense lawyer. Our attorneys are very familiar with PA laws and may be able to help with getting charges reduced or dismissed, depending on the circumstances.
Criminal offenses associated with controlled substances can be either state or federal offenses, often carry severe punishments, and can affect your professional and personal lives. In PA, controlled substances are categorized based on addictiveness and medical purposes, according to Pennsylvania’s Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act . Schedule I drugs are highly addictive and offer no accepted medical benefit, such as heroin. Schedule V substances are the least addictive and accepted for medical use in the U.S. Schedule V substances include codeine and opium. Penalties for drug charges tend to vary with the substance’s category, Schedule I being the harshest.
We can help with all common drug charges, including:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession with Intent to Deliver
- Drug Trafficking
- Prescription Fraud
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Contact LUONGO BELLWOAR LLP about your alleged drug crimes. You’ll need an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side to make sure your side of the story is understood. Fill out our contact form or call 610-430-6600 for a consultation today. We also provide legal defense against property and violent crime charges.