Making Sense of Your DUI Charges
The time following a DUI charge can be wrought with frustration, shame, and guilt. You are likely to feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. Even though times are tough and you may believe your outlook is grim, there are steps you need to take that will drastically improve your situation.
Hiring the right DUI attorney will make the coming months much more bearable.
What Happens Next?
When working with a lawyer to confront your DUI (driving under the influence) charges, many only consider pleading guilty. In order to make the best of the situation, you should ensure your lawyer is willing to work with you to consider your unique case from every perspective. An effective DUI attorney can do the following:
- Question the traffic stop that led to your arrest.
- Counsel you regarding every available option, including the possibility of DUI expungement (the process of getting the DUI removed from your permanent record).
- Prepare a solid case for the jury and handle all pretrial litigation.
- Revisit the chemical test of your breath or blood.
- Scrutinize observations made by police during the vehicle stop
Finding the Best Chadds Ford DUI Attorney for Your Case
Since 1993, Tom Bellwoar of LUONGO BELLWOAR LLP has represented DUI clients. Highlights about working in our office with Tom include:
- According to Main Line Today, Tom has a top lawyer for the last 4 years.
- Tom has a background as a criminal defense lawyer and prosecutor. He is used to handling challenging cases from all perspectives and assists his clients through every step of the process.
- He has tried cases for clients who have been arrested for repeat DUIs and has also handled numerous Homicide by Vehicle While DUI cases.
- Tom’s repertoire of work with the Chester County Courts and the Chester County District Attorney’s Office makes him a valuable resource to anyone facing a DUI or DWI (driving while intoxicated) charge in the area.
- Our offices are conveniently located in downtown West Chester and in Paoli PA. We offer flexible appointment schedules.