Making Sense of Your DUI Charges
Understanding next steps after you have been charged with a DUI is emotionally and mentally taxing. Most people who are facing DUI (driving under the influence) charges feel guilty and ashamed. Those feelings would be difficult to deal with by themselves, but once you add in the complex legal proceeding and the stress of possibly losing your license or going to jail, figuring out the next steps can seem impossible.
Right now, you need to take a step toward getting your life back together. It is important to hire a high-quality attorney as soon as possible.
Where to Go From Here
When meeting with an attorney about your Delaware County DUI, many will insist you plead guilty. Before you decide to do that, it is important to look at your case from every angle and map out a strategy that will work for your specific situation. Make sure your DUI attorney is able to:
- Prepare all pretrial litigation and a strong case to present in the courtroom.
- Look closely at the chemical test of your breath or blood.
- Revisit observations made by police during the vehicle stop.
- Cross-examine the traffic stop that led to your arrest.
- Get you up to speed on every option and prepare you to pursue a possible DUI expungement (the process of getting the DUI removed from your permanent record).
Selecting the Best DUI Attorney
Tom Bellwoar, of LUONGO BELLWOAR LLP, has been representing DUI clients since 1993.
- He has tried cases for clients who have been arrested for repeat DUIs, and has also handled numerous Homicide by Vehicle While DUI cases.
- Mr. Bellwoar has been recognized as a top lawyer by Main Line Today every year since 2015.
- Our offices are conveniently located in downtown West Chester and Paoli PA. We offer flexible appointment times to fit your schedule.
- As an experienced criminal defense lawyer, Tom is used to taking cases to trial and fighting for his clients at every stage of the process.
- Tom’s impressive experience before the Chester County Courts and against the Chester County District Attorney’s Office is an asset for any client facing a DUI or DWI (driving while intoxicated) charge.
We serve all of Delaware County, including Broomall, Chadds Ford, and Newtown Square.