Navigating Through Your DUI Charges
If you are being charged with driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI), it can have truly devastating effects. You are probably angry with yourself for letting this happen, embarrassed to face family and friends, worried about your job, scared because you don’t know whether you are going to jail, and confused because you are not sure what to do next. The system is already moving against you. Now is the time to take action!
Working with an experienced attorney helps to alleviate the stress involved with the steps that follow because they educate you on what to expect when, give you options, and support you every step of the way.
Understanding Your Options After a DUI
Many DUI lawyers are only able, or willing, to talk their clients through a guilty plea bargain. When you understand your rights and options, you and your lawyer may be able to shape a defense that can help you avoid a jail sentence or a license suspension.
An experienced DUI lawyer can:
- Attack the traffic stop that led to the DUI charge.
- Expertly cross-examine the police officer’s observations during the vehicle stop.
- Challenge the chemical test of your blood or breath.
- Skillfully handle pretrial litigation and have the ability to try your case in front of a jury.
- Educate you on every that you have along the way and assist with DUI expungement (the process of getting the DUI removed from your permanent record).
Choosing the Right Attorney
Tom Bellwoar, of LUONGO BELLWOAR LLP, has been representing DUI clients in the Chester County area since 1993.
- Tom has been recognized as a top lawyer every year since 2014 by Main Line Today.
- As an experienced criminal defense lawyer, Tom has taken cases to trial and zealously represented clients at every stage of the process.
- Tom has tried cases for clients who have been arrested for their second, third and fourth DUI and has handled numerous Homicide by Vehicle While DUI cases as well.
- Mr. Bellwoar’s extensive experience before the Chester County Courts and against the Chester County District Attorney’s Office is a valuable resource for any citizen facing a DUI or DWI charge.
Luongo Bellwoar is conveniently located in downtown West Chester and Paoli PA. We offer flexible appointment schedules.