Taking the First Step
The days that follow your DUI (driving while under the influence) arrest can be a dark time. Many people just want to crawl into a hole rather than face what lies ahead. The best thing you can do, however, is to start taking steps toward resolving the issue. Finding an accomplished lawyer who can take you from a harsh sentence that could include jail time to a lesser punishment is the first step.
What To Shop For in a DUI Lawyer
Many lawyers will only assist those arrested for DUI or driving while intoxicated (DWI) if they are willing to plead guilty. There are other options. To figure out the best option for your specific case, look for a lawyer who will:
- Take a closer look at the chemical test of your blood or breath.
- Analyze the traffic stop that led to your DUI arrest.
- Walk you through every step of the process and counsel you on your opportunities for DUI expungement (the process of getting the DUI removed from your permanent record).
- Take care of all pretrial litigation and prepare a case to present to the jury that fits your unique situation.
- Interpret the police officer’s observations during the vehicle stop.
Meet Thomas Bellwoar
Tom Bellwoar, of LUONGO BELLWOAR LLP, has been representing DUI clients in the five-county area since 1993.
- Tom’s background as a criminal defense lawyer has given him the skills needed to take cases to trial and handle every step of the legal process.
- Tom has been recognized as a top lawyer in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 by Main Line Today.
- With Tom’s history of trying cases before the Chester County Courts and against the Chester County District Attorney’s Office, anyone facing a DUI or DWI charge would be relieved to be in his hands.
- We have offices in downtown West Chester and Paoli PA. Our flexible scheduling options ensure that you will be able to find time to stop by.
- Tom has tried cases for clients who have been arrested for their second, third and fourth DUIs. He has handled numerous Homicide by Vehicle While DUI cases.