DUI is a big safety issue for Pennsylvanians, but do you know just how many of us this issue is effecting? According to PennDOT accident statistics, there are 30 alcohol-related accidents each day on average. At any moment, you could be sharing the road with these drivers.
Here are more surprising statistics from 2013 to keep in mind:
- For the past four years, alcohol-related deaths made up about 32% of all PA traffic deaths.
- Last year, 1 person on average was killed and 22 were injured in accidents involving DUI each day.
- The majority (74%) of DUI crashes were during dark hours, and mostly on weekends.
- Most DUI crashes happened over the Thanksgiving and Memorial Day holidays.
- In 2013, there were 11,041 alcohol-related crashes during which 381 people were killed.
- Of those deaths, 278 were drivers, 50 were passengers, and 49 were pedestrians.
Wondering what many of these PA drivers crashed into? Check out the infographic below for some perspective.
Infographic by Direct Paint & Collision