What to do After Being Charged With a DUI
Receiving a DUI can be overwhelming, and you may be hesitant to react or share the news with family and friends. It is typical to be fearful after being charged with a DUI, as this serious charge could negatively affect your professional life or you might be facing jail time. However tempted you might be to push off facing these charges, it is to your benefit to act as quickly as possible. The judicial system is already processing your charges, and you’ll want to give yourself as much time as possible to prepare.
Contact an accomplished DUI lawyer today to guide you through this difficult process.
Make Sense of Your Options
It’s not uncommon for some lawyers to hear DUI and start working out a guilty plea. You deserve an experienced attorney who can help you understand your rights and craft the best plan for your specific case. In many instances, this could mean avoiding jail time or a license suspension.
Only choose a lawyer who is willing and prepared to do the following:
- Analyze the traffic stop that led to your arrest, and identify out any issues
- Handle all pretrial litigation and be prepared to try your case in front of a jury
- Skillfully cross-examine arresting officers about the vehicle stop
- Question the blood or breath test
- Make sure you completely understand your options for DUI defense, as well as how DUI expungement works
Getting the Right Phoenixville DUI Attorney
At LUONGO BELLWOAR LLP, our Tom Bellwoar is highly experienced in handling DUI cases for Chester County residents. He has been representing clients in this area since 1993. Additional information about Tom Bellwoar includes:
- He was recognized by Main Line Today as a top lawyer in both 2015 and 2016.
- Tom has plenty of experience taking cases to trial as a criminal defense lawyer. Specifically, he has experience taking cases before the Chester County Courts and against the Chester County District Attorney’s Office.
- Mr. Bellwoar has tried cases for clients who have been arrested for their second, third and fourth DUIs and has handled numerous Homicide by Vehicle While DUI cases.
- You can find our offices in downtown West Chester, where we offer flexible appointment schedules.
For more information on your options following a DUI arrest, contact us and schedule your free consultation.