Sexual Assault by a Chiropractor or Doctor

We turn to medical professionals to heal us, though this is not always what ends up happening. When ill or in pain, we are at our most vulnerable. In such a state, we should be able to trust that these professionals have our best interests at heart. Unfortunately, sexual abuse by medical health providers is an everyday part of our society.

Reporting sexual abuse can be painful and embarrassing, but it is the right thing to do. There is no shame in being the victim of a crime and your report could protect others from the same abuse. As a victim of sexual assault, you can seek justice through both the criminal and civil justice systems.

Doctor accused of sexual assault

Understand Your Rights

Your doctor as well as the institution hiring a medical professional is responsible for protecting your health. If you feel that you have been inappropriately treated, be sure to speak out. Contact police immediately and detail exactly what occurred. Acting quickly allows you to build a more concrete case against your abuser and minimizes the time that person can be a threat to anyone else.

After a criminal trial, many victims feel that they have not been adequately compensated. If this is the case, you can seek financial compensation for abuse through a civil lawsuit against not only the perpetrator, but also any person or institution that may have contributed to the abuse. You can find more about liability here. Liable parties may include:

  • Doctor
  • Chiropractor
  • Hospital
  • Wellness Center
  • Rehabilitation Center
  • Health Facility

Take Action and File a Lawsuit

If you feel you have a case, the team at LUONGO BELLWOAR LLP is here to help. We are experienced attorneys with proven track records. We’re also members of the National Crime Victim Bar Association. We offer the services and resources to help you get through this difficult time mentally, physically, and financially. Please refer to our PA Crime Victims Handbook for available resources near you.

Take action against your abuser by filling out our contact form or calling 610-430-6600.